We are committed to the constant improvement of our project delivery process. Communicating information through drawings will always be a foundational part of that process and, as such, we intend for our drawing skills and tools to keep pace with project demands. To help meet this challenge, Kahler Slater is investing in a full-time BIM Content Creator to supplement our BIM User Group.
The two primary responsibilities of the Content Creator will be:
- Content Creation: Create Revit families for ‘front end’ content (e.g. door types, casework, symbols, legends) and advance this standard content. Assist the BIM User Group to identify the quality of existing content and implement strategies to improve our overall content library. As projects develop, this role will also be responsible to create project specific content, such as medical equipment, special features, customized content, etc.
- Revit Standards Management: Train users in the use of, and help maintain the integrity of, the firm’s BIM standards and protocols as identified by the BIM User Group.
To achieve the above, the Content Creator will work closely with the BIM Implementation Leader and the BIM User Group Chairperson.
- The Implementation Leader sets forth the strategy on the overall implementation of BIM, from positioning the firm with our vendors to adapting best practices from industry. The Implementation Leader also creates the foundational templates and leads the firm-wide BIM training initiative.
- The User Group Chairperson is the primary conduit between the users, the Content Creator and the Implementation Leader. The User Group Chairperson also keeps firm leadership informed on the BIM team’s progress.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- An Associate Degree (minimum) is required
- Full working knowledge and understanding of Revit Architecture
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Revit content creation including:
- System family creation (Walls, Doors, Line styles, Annotation etc.)
- General family and component creation
- Template content creation
- Creation of typical Revit details
- The ability to communicate effectively with the other BIM leaders and with the users of the BIM tool, throughout the firm
- Working familiarity of National CAD/BIM standards
- Experience assisting in the generation of BIM standards and guidelines
- Moderate-to-advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- A professional and personable demeanor
- A self-starter who can problem solve while working well with others and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- The ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, all within tight deadlines and modest direction (This position requires organizational and time management skills.)
Working Relationships and Scope
- Reports to the COO
- Works independently, with the guidance of the BIM Implementation Leader and the BIM User Group Chairperson
- Will interact daily with a broad base of our BIM users
Work is performed in a professional, creative, open office environment with business casual attire. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and will average 2,300 hours per year. Great flexibility in your schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines. Occasional travel will be required to our other offices.