We seek an innovative architect with passion and expertise in the design of healthcare facilities to join our Health Care (HC) team as a Team Leader.
This is a “closer/doer” (practice-builder) role, responsible for collaboratively leading the continued growth, evolution and positioning of our national healthcare practice, and strategically leveraging our portfolio and your expertise to capture broader healthcare design opportunities throughout the country.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Client management, project organization and start-up, and the development of new business in the healthcare market
- Working in collaboration with other leaders on the HC team, this leadership role will strive to leverage the capabilities of the firm and build our healthcare practice
- Development of client and practice strategies, market positioning and leadership within the healthcare market
- Recruit and develop staff on the healthcare team
- Experience in developing relationships with new and existing clients that would enhance the firm’s competitive advantage and positioning in the healthcare market
- Experience in the development and direction of large-scale, programmatically complex architectural projects, especially in the healthcare market
- A proven track record of success working in a senior leadership role with a minimum of three (3) large healthcare clients, including the development of client relationships that led to new and continuing business
- Familiar with the effective utilization (by others) of key programs, like Revit and SketchUp
- Experience in the delivery of traditional (design-bid-build), IPD and D/B projects
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Design or Interior Design (master’s preferred)
- A minimum of 15 years of architectural experience, five or more years of which being responsible for marketing, client development, and/or management of a healthcare-focused studio or office
- Strong presentation skills, including being articulate and convincing in interviews and presentations
- Affirmative, “C-Suite” client references
- Possessing a collaborative and consensus-oriented approach to design and decision-making
- The ability to develop partner relationships that lead to successful results, within the firm and externally – with clients, consultants, and other key participants in the design and development process
- The ability to assess, mentor and coach team members, in order to develop future leaders on the healthcare team
- ACHA, ACHE or EDAC accreditation is preferred; LEED accreditation is a plus
- A self-starter who possesses entrepreneurial skills
Working Relationships and Scope
As one of the overall Team Leaders on the HC team, you will work closely with other team and firm leaders to create, promote and implement the HC team business plan. We currently have offices established in three cities – Milwaukee, WI, Madison, WI and Singapore – in addition to our evolving presence in Richmond, VA. Specifically, you will:
- Work directly with all HC team members
- Work closely with the HC team’s national Business Development Director (located in Richmond) to identify, pursue and win new work, and with the Client Services team to position our services and respond to existing and prospective clients’ needs
Schedule flexibility is both required of you and will be returned to you due to the many concurrent projects and anticipated team responsibilities. Frequent regional and national travel is required in order to service clients, develop new business and for professional development. Our expectation is you will spend the majority of your time with existing clients, prospective clients, and strategic business partners. Hours of work will vary, averaging 2,300 hours per year.
Please email "email@example.com", with the subject line titled, "Health Care Team Leader".
Attach your cover letter, addressed to John Horky, FAIA, along with your resume and a relevant project list.