We seek a graduate of an accredited school of architecture with 1-2 years of relevant experience in a design firm to join our Business Environments (BE) team.
Your primary role will be to assist architectural project teams (architects and interior designers) in all phases of the architectural process, from Pre-Design through Construction Administration.
You will have ample opportunity to support the development and resolution of design documents in all phases of projects, in support of your personal development in accord with NCARB’s AXP program.
The successful candidate must evidence the talent, education, intelligence, common sense and graphic skills to support the creative resolution of design ideas both verbally and graphically. Strong computer skills are required, as these are our primary tools for communication. You should have an understanding of construction documents and working knowledge of the vocabulary of the design industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BA or BS (minimum) or Masters degree (preferred) in Architecture
- 1-2 years of experience on projects in a comparable design firm setting
- Minimum of one year of Revit production experience within an office environment, and proven proficiency utilizing Revit
- Experience and demonstrable skill with SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite and Revit Rendering
- The ability to connect design direction to the development of details
- Clarity in the grasp of architectural process and its communication
- Takes “ownership” of given assignments, evidencing eagerness to learn and grow
- Evidence of successful team-orientation and collaboration behaviors
- Flexibility in approaching multiple, concurrent and diverse assignments and an active prioritization strategy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A professional manner
- A creative problem solver!
- Started / starting AXP
- An interest in privately-financed office, retail, housing & hospitality environments
Working Relationships and Scope
- Reports to team and project leaders on the BE team
- Works independently, under the mentorship of BE team members, with the long-term expectation of becoming a licensed architect
- Interacts at times with external clients and partners
- The BE team works on multiple, fast-paced and diverse project types of varying scale with concurrent deadlines
- BE team project types include corporate, corporate interiors, multi-family housing, mixed-use, hospitality, restaurant and retail projects, among others
Work is performed in a professional, creative, open office environment with business casual attire. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and will average 2,300 hours per year. Great flexibility in your schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines. Out-of-town travel is possible.
Thank you for your interest in this posted position! If you would like to be considered, please send an email / cover note to email@example.com and attach your resume and a sample portfolio. The email subject line should be titled, "Architectural Intern I."