Your role is to observe, learn about and participate in the professional practice of architecture through your assistance on project work in support of our architects and other designers.
Your assigned tasks may vary widely, depending upon the amount and type of project and office work occurring at the time of the internship and the skill set of the individual intern. Typical tasks might include:
- Project design support, including creating massing, planning or finished models
- Project design and production support utilizing digital drawing software
- Organization and filing of as-built and project close-out documentation
- Design research support, including existing plan measurements and calculations
- Marketing project support / data gathering
- Other tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
We expect the intern to have already established interpersonal skills, including working well with others, being respectful and communicating effectively. We also expect the intern to demonstrate his/her evolving design/technical skills and professionalism respective of your level of experience. We also will be looking for:
- 3D, spatial thinking, and the ability to represent that with an “artful eye”
- Experience using Revit
- Experience using SketchUp
- General capabilities of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
We prefer to offer the internship to a student who has at least completed his/her third year of undergraduate studies leading to a BA/BS in Architecture. Previous design office experience is a bonus.
Working Relationships and Scope
- Reports to a team leader
- Senior design professionals will closely supervise you at all times
Work is performed in a professional, creative, open office environment with business casual attire. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and will average up to 40 hours per week, depending upon the intern’s availability. The internship may be extended to a part-time position upon the intern’s return to school, if the need and circumstances allow.
Thank you for your interest in this posted position! If you would like to be considered, please send an email / cover note to email@example.com and attach your resume and a sample portfolio. The email subject line should be titled, "Architectural Summer Intern."