We seek a degreed Interior Designer with 3-5 years of relevant experience in a design firm to join our Business Environments (BE) team.
With modest direction, your primary role will be to assist design project teams (architects and interior designers) in all phases of service in the development and communication of design concepts.
The successful candidate must evidence his/her strengths in two or more of the following areas: design creativity, construction document production, furniture planning/FF&E, interiors materials and furniture specifications coordination, space planning or material selection. Plus you must demonstrate you understand and can effectively apply the programming needs of a project and you can implement the design process with knowledge of regulatory guidelines and requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BA or BS in Interior Design (ID)
- 3-5 years of ID project experience in a comparable firm, w/increasing responsibility
- 2 years of Revit production experience on professional projects
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Has a passion for design!
- A creative problem solver possessing the ability to connect overall design direction to the development of solutions to complex problems and the required details
- Takes “ownership” of given assignments, and is able to self-direct
- Evidence of successful team-orientation and collaboration behaviors
- Flexibility in approaching multiple, concurrent and diverse assignments and an active prioritization strategy
- Excellence in all communications (oral, written, graphic) with attention to the details
- A professional manner
- Active participation in an ID association (commitment to professional development)
- An interest in, or passion for Business Environments, including corporate workplaces, hospitality and restaurants
Working Relationships and Scope
- Reports to team and project leaders on the BE team
- Works independently, under the mentorship of BE team members
- Career expectation of becoming a registered ID
- Interacts often with external clients and partners
Work is performed in a professional, creative, open office environment with business casual attire. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and will average 2,300 hours per year. Great flexibility in your schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines.
Thank you for your interest in this position! If you would like to be considered, please send an email / cover note to email@example.com and attach your resume and a sample portfolio. The email subject line should be titled "Interior Designer II".