Kahler Slater’s mission is to enrich life and achieve powerful results through the places we design. Join our nationally recognized “Best Place to Work” culture and creative workplace. We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Marketing Coordinator and Proposal Specialist.
This position is very important to our team and integral to the overall success of our marketing and business development efforts. We are eager to meet a person that fits the following description.
This team member will be a part of the centralized Marketing Team but will focus a majority of time on one of our key markets: Health Care. This Coordinator will work closely with other senior marketing and business development staff, and firm principals, on a variety of tasks, especially proposal development and new business development support.
The Coordinator’s role includes: the creation, coordination and design of complex proposals for new business; new business development research; CRM database management; organizing conference/tradeshow exhibits, client tours, and client retention activities; implementing marketing campaigns; etc. This Coordinator position requires extremely strong organizational, prioritization, problem-solving, multi-tasking and decision-making skills coupled with strong graphic design skills. This fast-paced position requires a team player that will take initiative and ownership of his/her areas of responsibility. A detail-oriented individual with great client service skills will be a perfect fit.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Artfully compose proposals and other client facing materials (designing, editing, and production)
- Responsible for scheduling all Marketing and NBD meetings, pre-meeting prep, meeting minutes and post-meeting follow up communications
- Responsible for tracking, recording and completion of all marketing or NBD follow up activities and assignments, including your own and/or others’
- Responsible for managing and tracking all marketing and NBD notes, activities and information in appropriate locations (in the CRM database, on server locations, etc).
- Responsible for tracking conference dates, client event dates and award submissions: prepare submissions and registrations; assist with speakers’ proposals and logistics; coordinate staffing and materials; coordinate event attendees and travel logistics; organize pre-and post-event meetings
- Support requests from leadership and senior marketing team members. Follow up with requested information, reports, notes or activities as needed/directed.
- Manage marketing file organization and updates
Shared (with team/peers):
- Provide new and updated content for the Kahler Slater website
- Post regularly to Kahler Slater’s social media channels
- Complete industry surveys and directory information
- Support senior marketing staff’s work when time permits (graphic design projects, new business interviews, special event planning, announcements, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BA in Marketing, Business, Communications, Journalism, Administration or related discipline preferred
- 3 to 6 years of experience in similar role or job type required
- Experience in the Architectural, Construction or Engineering industry preferred, but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must prefer and enjoy working within a team environment
- Must have a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to actively plan, prioritize and work effectively in context of tight, multiple, concurrent deadlines and prefer this type of work
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Must be able to use good judgment in making decisions
- Must be able to coordinate the activities of others
- Must be able to work on numerous projects simultaneously
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and CRM database(s). Knowledge of Adobe InDesign is desired.
- Basic office skills and protocol (mail processing, overnight services, messenger services, delivery services, etc.)
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE
- Reports to the Director of Marketing
- Works closely with all other Marketing and Graphics team members
- Works closely with all team leaders
- Interacts with internal clients and external clients and partners
Work is performed in a pleasant, professional, creative, open office environment, with business casual attire. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and will average 2,300 hours per year. Great flexibility in your schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines. Out of town travel is possible but expected to be minimal.
Thank you for your interest in this posted position! If you would like to share your interest with us, please send an email / cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your resume. The email subject line should be titled, "Marketing Coordinator".