We seek a registered design professional who already has had successful experience in the lead role on many non-routine and complex assignments while holding the daily design and technical development responsibilities on healthcare projects of varying scale.
You will be expected to generate, coordinate and translate concepts into final solutions while developing critical components on a large project or leading the technical solutions on any variety of concurrent smaller projects. You should be experienced with materials and methods of construction. Regularly directing the work of both internal and external team members you are a "go-to" person that is the technical lead on the projects to which you are assigned.
You may also be asked to provide planning and design support, plus support the management tasks of Project Leaders, but your primary focus will be on the technical aspects of projects, interacting with the client as well as with contractors, consultants and public authorities. You will need to effectively collaborate with a variety of project team members during the design process in our team-based working environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BA or BS (minimum) or Masters degree (preferred) in Architecture
- Architectural license is required
- 12 or more years of experience on projects with increasing responsibilities
- 4 or more years of Revit production experience within an office environment, and proven proficiency utilizing Revit
- Experience in the design of healthcare environments
- Experience in the research, evaluation and selection of building materials and systems
- The ability to translate design concepts into the development of details
- Evidence of successful team-orientation and collaboration behaviors
- Diligence in seeking solutions to complex problems
- Excellence in all communications (oral, written, graphic); with attention to the details
- A professional manner
- A creative problem solver!
- Effectively provides direction to and coordination of the work of engineering sub-consultants on complex projects
- Respects and efficiently responds to client needs
- Common sense
- Coaching and mentoring aptitude
- Ability to work successfully under pressure within restrictive time deadlines while maintaining focus, positive attitude and a sense of humor
Working Relationships and Scope
- Reports to Health Care team leaders
- Works closely with project leaders and other firm leaders to successfully deliver projects
- Regularly represents the firm while interacting with clients, consultants, contractors and public authorities
- Serves as a mentor to less-experienced staff on the team
Work is performed in a professional, creative, open office environment with business casual attire. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and will average 2,300 hours per year. Great flexibility in your schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines. Occasional travel is expected as it relates to servicing clients and professional development.
Thank you for your interest in this posted position! If you would like to be considered, please send an email / cover note to email@example.com and attach your resume and a sample portfolio. The email subject line should be titled, "Project Architect - Richmond."