We seek a Signage and Wayfinding Project Leader to join our growing Environmental Branding team. The successful candidate will have several years of experience developing comprehensive wayfinding strategies and designing interior and exterior sign programs for corporate, higher education and healthcare projects. This individual is a client-facing, problem-solver who can direct design, manage projects and develop new business. It is expected this individual will mentor internal staff and elevate the design and technical capabilities of the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop comprehensive wayfinding strategies, location plans and message schedules
- Design interior and exterior sign/branding programs
- Manage projects, clients, schedules, vendors, bid processes and project finances
- Develop new business, write proposals and create/deliver new business presentations
- Interpret clients’ needs and lead them through detailed decision-making processes
- Create final documentation and final digital artwork in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, CADTools, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Mentor internal staff on best-practices
- Travel to (US-based) job-sites
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BA or BS degree in graphic design or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience developing comprehensive wayfinding strategies and designing interior and exterior sign programs for corporate, higher education, sports and healthcare projects
- Experience on the following project types: environmental branding, museum exhibits, donor recognition walls
- Team-orientation with exceptional collaboration behaviors
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, graphic)
- Awareness of client needs/goals and capable to respond to those needs
- Able to work successfully under pressure with multiple deadlines while maintaining focus and positive attitude
Working Relationships and Scope
- Reports to the Environmental Branding Team Leader
- Works with Environmental Branding team members, Kahler Slater design teams and non-Kahler Slater design teams
- At times, oversees the work of other Environmental Branding team members
- Serves as a signage and wayfinding resource for the entire firm, as appropriate
Work is performed in a professional, creative, open office environment with business casual attire. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and will average 2,300 hours per year. Great flexibility in your schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines. Travel is expected in order to serve clients.
Thank you for your interest in this posted position! If you would like to share your interest with us, please send an email / cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your resume. The email subject line should be titled, "Signage and Wayfinding Project Leader."
Thank you for your interest in this posted position! If you would like to be considered, please send an email / cover note to email@example.com and attach your resume and a sample portfolio. The email subject line should be titled, "Signage & Wayfinding Project Leader."