Established in 1890, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry is the fourth largest public dental school in the United States and consists of ten academic divisions representing all major dental specialties. Leadership understood they needed to update the College’s facility in order to reflect their high standard of education and patient care. A major renovation and addition to Postle Hall will help to expand and secure their position as a national leader in dental education, research, and patient care.
The 150,000 square foot addition and renovation takes into consideration interdisciplinary partnering with the fields of medicine, pharmacy, and engineering as it provides comprehensive patient care services, academic teaching and research, and administrative support. The program includes dental clinic spaces, instructional space, radiology, pediatrics, and common building support space. In partnership with the Design Group, Kahler Slater provided programming and dental clinic expert services.
“It will be a place where people learn and enjoy each other's company, and where discoveries are made and lifelong memories and friendships are formed.”
Dean Patrick Lloyd