FOND DU LAC – Construction is underway on C.D. Smith’s new 50,000 square-foot headquarters. The construction management and general contracting firm has been located on the same plot of land on Fond du Lac’s east side since Charles D. Smith founded the business in 1936. After more than 80 years of success, and subsequent additions to the current office, Kahler Slater was selected to plan and design a facility representative of their quality and craftsmanship, and supportive of their ongoing growth.
The building will offer state-of-the-art virtual construction technologies, greater employee amenities, a collaborative work environment, better highway accessibility for visitors, and a wide range of sustainability features.